Saturday, September 25, 2010

Prepoduction

This weekend and week is all about preproduction.

I have done a lot of Historical Research in regards to the time period and religious practices of the time.  As I have already mentioned I have switch the time period to 1550s.  This cinematic now takes place during the reign of Queen Mary I, aka "Bloody Marry," who martyred about 300 Protestants in about a 3 year period. 

I have confirmed a concept artist to work on concept art for my project.  Ben Zylberman.  I am meeting to discuss this project further in detail with him tomorrow.


I have also gone to the library and have pulled several book on English Church Architecture.  I will be reviewing them through the day and will post some of references from them later.

I am also working on flushing out my Art Bible and Style Guide today. 

Storyboards will have to wait to later this week probably. 

1 comment:

  1. Brain darling! I'm an avid reader of the life and times of Mary I, so I may have some information that could help you, especially concerning her "bloody reign." I also own the movie Elizabeth, which starts with a scene of three protestants, one a professor, being scalped in their cells in the Tower and then taken to the greens and burned at the stake. I'd be happy to let you borrow it. If for nothing else, it may help get you in the mood and envision your scene.

    ReplyDelete