Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Wayward Priest -Project Post Mortem

Well first I must say I am very satisfied with what I have done with this project over the last 10 weeks.  Its not a finished project, but it will be soon enough.  I really want to keep working on this project and make is  something that I am truly proud of in my portfolio.

So here's what I learned.  First off I bit off about a weeks more work than I can chew.  Thats not to say that I think this project would have been completely finished with just another weeks time.  But I really wanted to pace myself and get this project finished to the level of completion that I would be satisfied with without having to do all-nighters and a lot of scrabbling stress.  Sadly I did fail at this, having done several all-nighters and many many late nights this past week or so.  I blame a lot of this on the result of what I am calling a 9 week quarter (ie.  two of my classes had finals due at the end of week 9) but thats life.

But honestly, its seems that all-nighters are just part of the process (and half the fun), having spend several hours just on rendering out videos to get that 5% better quality.

This project for me has allowed me to work on my Environment Skills as well as my Cinematic Skills.  But additionally this project has allowed me to work on my Producing skills.  I feel like I was working on 3 projects at once at times.  This actually I think slowed down my overall process because on more than one occasion I actually had to stop production on a particular part one project to work on another because someone else was depending on me to be at such and such point.


What else went wrong:
My composer completely fell through on me so I have no music.  I am also missing a lot of my minor assets.  I would really like to go back and see if I can get the motion capture animation to work.  I think it would be awesome if I could.  I also am still having problems with the audio and video being synced in realtime.  I really want to figure out what that is all about.
What I want to keep working on:
Modeling
More Climatic Ending
Camera animation tweaks
Sound
Textures
I will be working on this project over my winter break.  I am really excited to finish this project up and I will continue to post new entries with my latest updates.  

No comments:

Post a Comment